If you are a Mundelein pet owner searching for a new rental place that accepts pets, you know that can be quite difficult. In fact, some landlords and property managers require prospective tenants to submit a pet resume before considering them for a rental. And what exactly is a pet resume? A pet resume is basically a document that includes pertinent information about your pet, such as their age, weight, breed, vaccination records, and other relevant details. Here are five good reasons why every pet owner needs to put together a pet resume, along with tips on how to do it well!
Five Reasons Why You Need a Pet Resume
- An exceptional pet resume will make you stand out from other renters. Anything you can do to set yourself apart from other renters is a benefit in a market where rentals are competitive. And given how uncommon it is to create a pet resume, doing so can help set your application apart and show that you’re a responsible pet owner.
- It demonstrates your maturity and capacity to care for a pet. You are demonstrating to Mundelein property managers that you put forth extra effort when it comes to your pet by taking the time to create a pet resume. Even if they are not big fans of pets, this might persuade them to rent to you.
- It shows your familiarity with taking care of a pet and a rental property. This is significant because it shows the landlord that you’ll take good care of the rental home and prevent any damage.
- It demonstrates your dedication to and commitment to providing for your pets. You can demonstrate your dedication to your pets by making a pet resume. This is vital to landlords because it indicates that you won’t abuse, neglect, or permit damage to the property from your pet.
- It makes landlords more comfortable letting you have a pet in their rental properties. This is so they can decide for themselves whether you and your pet are the right fit for their property based on all the information they require.
How to Write a Great Pet Resume
It’s time to learn how to write a pet resume now that you are aware of why you require one! Here are some suggestions for writing a great resume for a pet:
- Provide fundamental information about your pet. Include information about your pet’s name, breed, age, and weight.
- Include a copy of the vaccination history for your pet. Confirm that they are up-to-date on all vaccinations and registered with the local authorities, if required by law.
- Remember to include any information about any unique needs or requirements your pet may have.
- Include any accolades, awards, or interesting information about your pet. For instance, if your pet has received any kind of training or has taken obedience classes.
- Identify several people who can attest to the character of your pet. If possible, include a recommendation from a former neighbor and a former landlord.
- Include an updated photograph of your pet. A picture, as they say, is worth a thousand words! Also having the potential to win over your future landlord.
By adhering to these guidelines, you’ll be well on your way to creating an excellent pet-related resume that will help you secure a pet-friendly rental!
One of the easiest ways to find your next pet-friendly rental home is to contact Real Property Management Northwest Chicago Suburbs at 847-737-4800. The ideal location for you and your pet may be right here with us.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.