Seriously, very few things are worse than realizing that your Crystal Lake rental house has a gnat problem. While they don’t bite or carry diseases, gnats can be a huge annoyance in an otherwise perfect and clean home. Ripe fruit, trash bags, and even potting soil can attract these unwelcome pests. They seem to appear out of nowhere and can be hard to fend off. That is unless you know some of the best tricks to keep gnats out of your house for good.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: One suitable method to eliminate gnats without harsh chemicals is to use a mixture of apple cider vinegar, water, sugar, and dish soap. The gnats will be lured to the sugar and then trapped by the soap. Leave a small bowl of the mixture in the nearby area where you’ve seen gnats buzzing around, and they will, before long, go away.
- Fly Paper: One other manageable, reasonable practice to get rid of gnats is to use flypaper. Although admittedly not the most attractive option, those sticky flypaper ribbons are perfect at trapping buzzing insects around your home.
- Bleach the Drains: If you’ve observed a convergence of gnats around your sink drains, you may have drain flies. To easily free your drains and house of these pests, pour a solution of bleach and water down the affected drains. Your sinks will quickly be gnat-free
- Rotten Fruit: You already know that gnats like ripe fruit – it’s one of the main reasons why gnats come into your house. So one useful means to get rid of gnats is to use it against them. Set down a piece of ripe or rotten fruit in a bowl and cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap. Utilizing a toothpick, poke a few small holes in the plastic. In doing this, the flies can get in but then become trapped in the bowl, which you can then easily get it out off the house.
- Wine Trap: If you have some expired wine handy, you can actually use it to trap pesky gnats the same way. Pour some of the wine into a small bowl, add a few drops of dish soap, and then bring it close to where the gnats would be. They will surely be trapped in the wine solution, easily making gnat removal as manageable as can be.
- Bug Zapper: If you’re in search of a more aggressive approach to eliminating gnats from your house, we strongly suggest that you try a bug zapper device. Many different variations of bug zappers are available for purchase, most of which use electricity to zap flies, mosquitoes, and other flying insects. Merely put the zapper in a location that’s a bit secluded and plug it in.
- Chemical Spray: For gnat problems that have gotten earnestly out of control, you may really have to resort to an insecticide. Both foggers and sprays can effectively remove gnats but should be used with caution. Always obey the manufacturer’s directions when applying chemical insecticides.
With lots more helpful ways to ward off gnats, you are obviously sure to find one that works for your particular pest problem. Are you interested in learning more about how to keep your rental house pest-free? Visit Real Property Management Northwest Chicago Suburbs’ website for more valuable information and contact us online to speak with one of our property managers!
Sports Food Supplements – Organic foods for bodybuilding fitness pros and cons of anavar lugano: 😈🔥🌺cuban news just arrived in the city! trans fitness stefania beautiful and sexy. 😈🔥🌺 i am active and passive, with a nice toy of 20cm and a nice seat
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.