The backyard fire pit is a much-wanted outdoor section that is planned to surely confine a fire while secondly offering warmth and allure. Fire pits come in various sizes, forms, and materials, in particular stone, brick, metal, and concrete, and add a distinctly lovely atmosphere to an outdoor location, making it feel captivatingly snug and inviting. Besides that, fire pits can be set up to smoothly extend the use of outdoor living space into the winter months, providing warmth and comfort.
When authorizing a fire pit to be set up at your rental property, there are several precautionary measures you can take to protect both your investment and your tenants. These are some of the following:
- Carefully check local regulations and procure any compulsory licenses before establishing or using a fire pit.
- Keep a bucket of water or sand nearby, in the unwanted event of an emergency.
- Build your fire pit in a secure area, at least 10 feet away from trees, structures, and flammable items.
- Ensure to use a fire pit screen to suppress sparks from flying out of the fire pit.
- Always observe the fire and keep children and pets at a careful distance from the fire pit.
It is certainly important to call to mind that fire pits can be hazardous if not handled adeptly and with utmost care. A poorly constructed or positioned fire pit, the inappropriate use of combustible materials, and a lack of oversight can all have devastating consequences. Here is what you should secure NOT to do:
- Do NOT use gasoline, kerosene, or any other accelerants to start or maintain the fire.
- Do NOT burn trash, leaves, or other materials that can produce so much smoke or fumes.
- Do NOT leave the fire neglected, even just for a moment.
- Do NOT overload the fire pit with a great deal of wood, which can cause the fire to become unstoppable.
- Do NOT use wet or green wood, which can cause bothersome smoke and sparks.
One of the major reasons why backyard fire pit safety is critical is to keep off accidental fires. A stray ember or spark can abruptly ignite nearby flammable materials, like dry grass, leaves, or wooden structures. Additionally, strong winds can carry embers outside the fire pit and start a fire wherever in the yard or even in bordering properties. This can create massive property devastation and even loss of life. By implementing the do’s and don’ts of backyard fire pits and any local regulations, you can help secure that your outdoor gatherings are absolutely enjoyable and harmless for everyone involved.
At Real Property Management NW Chicago Suburbs, we understand what it takes to ensure safety for your real estate investment. Our complete and professional property management services bestow the right oversight of your rental homes and can give you total peace of mind. You won’t need to be burdened relating to your residents randomly burning your Hoffman Estates rental house down when we’re on the job. For more advantageous information, please contact us online or call us at 847-737-4800 today!
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.